I am an Assistant Professor in the Computer Science department at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC)
My research focuses on tumor phylogenetics in the context of intra-tumor heterogeneity. I develop phylogeny inference algorithms to study the progression of a tumor from its initial stage, where a healthy cell acquires its first somatic mutation, to the final stages, where tumor cells metastasize and invade and colonize distant organs and tissues.
- Jul 13, 2018: I gave two talks at ISMB 2018
- May 5, 2018: Our paper on visualizing small graphs together with a collection of node sets in Cytoscape is available online
- Apr 26, 2018: Our paper on reconstructing migration patterns in metastatic cancers is available online on Nature Genetics
- Apr 20, 2018: Our poster won the best poster award at RECOMB CCB
- Apr 19, 2018: I gave a talk at Indiana University Bloomington